4.19.2010

april 19 . Blanche Devereaux

Damn, I'm good.
I guess I'd better
go get dressed.

There is a fine line between 
having a good time and 
being a wanton slut. I know. 
My toe has been on that line.
Flirting is part of my
heritage.
But

I treat my body like
a temple.  I'm going to slip
into something
that will make me look--
Nobody ever believes me when
I'm telling the truth.

Anything can happen
on a leap year's full moon
if you just believe.  
I like a fairy tale with 
a nice prince in it … but
I'm nobody's little girl anymore.


Like the fatal blossom
of the great gimson weed, I entice
with my fragrance, but can provide 
no succor;
a one night stand only lasts
one night.

And
some people just don't
know when
to quit.


**
For the record, this was a found poem.  IE, none of the words are my own (all quotes from Blanche Devereaux), but the arrangement is.  And I had so much fun with this one, I think I might do the other girls later--Rose is especially one I'm looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment